While I am Still Collecting My Thoughts…
let’s take a little quiz about HIV & AIDS and Muslims. Some of this information I already knew but some of it I just learned or was refreshed on these past three days at the Channel of Hope workshop. So now it’s your turn. Leave your answers in the comments section and try not to google or wikipedia search the answers until after answering the questions to the best of your ability.
To make it even more fun it will be multiple choice.
1. What is an Imam most known for leading?
a. A marching band in the Star Spangled Banner at the Odessa High School homecoming game
b. Muslim dialogues with clergy from other faiths
c. A mosque
d. Islamic training classes for adults
2. Without any medical assistance (anti-retrovirals and education) what is the approximate chance of a pregnant woman with HIV passing it down to her child?
a. 1 in 3
b. 4 in 5
c. 1 in 2
d. 1 in 4
3. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus is destroyed in all of the following conditions EXCEPT which one?
a. High Temperatures
b. Low Temperatures
c. Drying Out
d. High amounts of oxygen
4. What is the major holy text for Muslims?
5. Religious leaders and people of faith should:
a. Not talk about the HIV & AIDS epidemic
b. Should condemn all people infected with HIV & AIDS as sinners
c. Act like HIV & AIDS aren’t problems in the world
d. Be working in advocacy and activism for the orphans and widows and other people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS
THE END. Please leave your answers in the comments!