Dearest readers…I am taking a break from blogging for the weekend
because I AM GOING TO BOTSWANA!
Yes, that’s right folks. Yours truly is heading to Botswana to meet up with a great Tulane friend for his leaving-Africa-for-two-years weekend party. Then we will drive back to South Africa on Sunday, play tourist for a day or two and then drop him at the airport on Tuesday for his nice long flight back to Texas.
So to tide you over (in the style of The Post-Karmic Stream ) I will leave you with some interesting blogs, reading, playing, cooking, etc.
1. Go here. I found this site while at work. Watch the video and feel free to respond helping bring clean water to the entire world. I bought a tap in the name of my good friend who is getting ready to head to Austin for a Masters internship..
2. Read her great blog here.
3. Then go here and cook up something great. I’m going to be honest this page on my absolutely favorite website is representative of what Mandi and I call “Food Porn”. Yeah, I said it.
5. Now it’s time for you to go here and watch some videos about the fantastic online game called Line Rider. The idea is you get to draw a route for a little character on skis to ski down and usually fall off wildly. Once you get the concept down from youtube and you understand how cool this can be then go here and play the game yourself.
6. Take a moment to sigh very sadly because both of the Hamm brothers are out of the Olympics this year.
7. Please keep up-to-date on the Olympics this weekend so you can tell me all I missed while I was in Botswana.
8. Do some reading up for me on How to Write a Devotional this weekend and give me your thoughts in the comments section. Per my extreme interest in Devos every morning at WV and the supposedly coherent thoughts I have been giving frequently, I have been asked to prepare a Devotional for the entire office next Wednesday. Prayers and thoughts are appreciated. I have a few initial leanings as to what to speak about, but am still praying for God’s guidance.
9. I would appreciate it if you would all adopt puppies this week. One per home would be great, thanks. I held a little puppy yesterday for the first time in years and it fell asleep in my arms. If I wasn’t in a WV owned flat on a short-term internship, I would get my own pet.
10. Finally I would love for you to do some good old Wikipedia haunting, I mean searching. Give it five minutes-type in whatever you’d like and then comment here to let me know the weirdest thing you learned in that time. Maybe there will be a present for the weirdest fact, concept, or picture. Who knows? Maybe I’ll pick up something for the winner in mind while I’m in Botswana for the weekend.
This entry was posted on August 7, 2008 at 10:59 am and is filed under Travel with tags blogs, botswana, Johannesburg, pet adoptions, pioneerwoman, South Africa, weekend trip, wikipedia. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.