Things I Have Learned Recently…
1. If I were ever to write a book, it would basically be a plagiarism of one that already exists. Amy Krouse Rosenthal has already written my memoir, give or take a few items, in An Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. This is one of the first books I read in only a day in a very long time.
2. I always knew I was a list maker but now I believe if anyone found out just how much I list they would be a bit scared for me. I throw away pages and pages of lists every week. I make online lists, handwritten lists, typed lists. I write things on to-do lists that I have already accomplished just so I can cross them out. I make alternate lists for transportation routes and times. I make lists of things I need to buy now, lists of things I need to buy when I have money. Lists of how much money I have, had, have coming in soon, or soon-ish.
3. I put a belt on my list of things to buy when I have money. I have only two dressy pairs of pants and one is a little big. My old belt died recently. I do not have money enough to buy a belt yet, but lo and behold! I was looking for a camera battery in a drawer and found another belt I forgot I had. Whether it came with a dress I own or my mother or whoever, it was in my drawer and fits that pair of pants just so!
4. I think I am really beginning to love my new job.
5. I do not think I will ever love my commute. If a one hour one-way trip is a world’s best for this 15 mile multiple bus ride, I will never be truly satisfied. But…one hour is still better than the two hours it sometimes takes.
6. Utter shameless honesty in the right time and place is a beautiful beautiful thing. Honesty is always good but can be tough, but in the right place and time it’s pure loveliness.